- Spencer, Aria, and Emily are at the Hastings’. Hanna is still not answering calls (and we know that she is with Ashley dealing with the Wilden situation).
- They ask Spencer who is helping Mona, and Spencer tells them that they should wait for Hanna. She tells them that she has known for a while & they are wondering why she hasn’t told them. First, she was warned not to. Second, she was having a hard time believing it and wanted proof. And, after tonight’s steam shower incident, she couldn’t keep it secret anymore.
- She tells them. Both are startled, but Em is more shocked to find out that Toby is A.
- Ashley and Hanna are still trying to make sense of the Wilden’s missing body. Ash wants to call the hospital to find out if he checked in, and then call her lawyer. They argue, and Hanna convinces Ashley not to make calls. From outside, sirens ablaze and it worries them.
- The three continue to talk about Toby’s betrayal. As they are having a hard time accepting it, they refer to Emily’s notebook, where Ali talks about Toby’s hatred for the liars. Spencer is trying to make them understand, by telling them to look at the facts: Mona was at the Academic Decathlon, which leads her to believe that Toby locked her in the shower. (We think it was Melissa.)
The Brew (Next Day)
- Em calls and leaves voicemail for Toby. Then, she takes the key to the loft.
- Aria arrives at Ezra’s apartment, and sees that Malcolm is playing with his dad. Ezra tells her that Malcolm is staying with him for a few days while Maggie looks for work. In Rosewood.
- Aria, awkwardly says she’s leaving but Ezra asks her to stay and spend time with them.
Toby’s Loft Apartment
- Em is snooping around while Hanna religiously listens to the news. (Hanna seems to have come to grips with this better than Em despite being distracted with Wilden’s disappearing body).
- Em finds his Radley Employee Parking Pass
inside the Moto Book Em gave to him. (Well, that was convenient. Like it wanted to be found.) Hanna tells Em that she should ask Toby’s parents. (Parent, right? Only the dad lives although he has a stepmom which we’ve never seen.)
- Aria, Ezra, and Malcolm are playing with his train set (I don’t know if the awkwardness factor is intentional or not. As much as I don’t want to critique children, that child cannot act. He doesn’t resemble the parents either. Too bad they replaced the previous Malcolm.) Maggie arrives. Now it’s truly awkward.
- When left alone, Aria tries to apologize to Maggie and she is warily too nice.
- Ezra and Maggie try to figure out timings, and Aria ends up volunteering to babysit.
- Knock, knock. Spencer opens the door to a sympathy wreath. She takes it inside and reads the note.
- "Someone close to you will pay for your loose lips. –A"
- The liars meet and talk about A. Spence finds out that Em is still looking for Toby and starts warning her. She tells them that she has been looking for him for weeks and he probably doesn’t want to be found. (Ey, maybe he is with Jenna)
- They notice Mona at the counter. Spencer goes to her and tries to thank her for the flowers and the conversation turns into a power struggle. Spencer threatens her. Mona responds with a warning and looks at Em. (Eh? Not sure if that was help or a threat. I also presume that Mona knows because Em and Hanna went to the loft.)
- Aria is sorting through old toys when Ella arrives. She says that she needs to find some old tax receipts. Then, she asks Aria about the sudden nostalgia. Aria lies. Ella tells Aria that Ezra called asking about any openings for “his friend Maggie.” Aria pretends not to know her and acts disconcerted.
- Em goes to Toby’s home. Unopened newspaper and mail are stacking up. Someone in Toby’s truck arrives and Em asks about Toby. He claims to be his “coworker”. He says that Toby hasn’t shown up in weeks due to an emergency and asked him to finish a job for him.
(The guy has an arrogant-annoyed look on his face.)
- Spencer is staring at the flowers when something clicks. She starts looking at the ribbon and notices something (Yep, you can see in the photo that E & M are dulled out.). She grabs the ribbon and heads out.
- Ashley is on her phone, leaves Hanna voicemail. Either she is hallucinating or actually sees him—From across the street, by the Pizza place’s door, Wilden is standing looking at her. She looks away for a bit and of course, he’s gone.
- She decides to walk towards the Pizza place.
- Spencer talks to Em about looking for Toby and shows her the ribbon. She explains the dulled out sections and that Mona must have been warning them that A is going after Em next.
- Em takes the ribbon. Spencer asks her to stop looking for Toby.
- Aria and Hanna are at the apartment while Aria is babysitting Malcolm. They talk about the “situation”, while Malcolm plays videogames.
- Then, they start talking about Toby and Mona, recalling the time when Toby conveniently brought back Dr. Sullivan when Mona was caught. Hanna thinks it was planned because she was diagnosed with a mental disorder and sent to Radley, instead of being sent to jail.
- Hanna looks out the window and gasps when she sees a cop car. Aria looks and asks if everything’s ok. Before further questioning could happen, Hanna leaves a wondering Aria.
- Em visits her mom and talks to her about Toby. Pam doesn’t trust Toby and tells her to stop looking.
- Em asks if she can use her mom’s computer to check her email. (Really? I can’t believe Pam let her use it.)
- Malcolm is still having fun with his video game.
- Aria makes a call to Spencer when Malcolm starts jumping on the bed. With her back turned, she hears him fall off the bed & he starts crying.
- Em, using her mom’s work computer (harrumph!), starts checking information on E. LAMB. There is a record of him, but before she could get more info, her mom comes by the first time, and then she gets a text from “Toby” on the second try.
- The photo doesn’t completely load so she is unable to see the face. (Rant: images load from top to bottom. :-/)
Does the shirt look familiar?
- Mona is counting money when she gets a call and confirms, “It’s all here. I’m on my way.” Spencer is watching by the stairs and starts to follow Mona when she leaves.
- Malcolm’s cut is being treated at the hospital. Aria is panicking. Ezra is with them. He asks her again what happened and she’s on the defensive. He says that he just wants to make sure he knows what to tell Maggie.
Into the Woods
- Spencer is in her car, watching Mona as she walks into the woods. She gets out and follows her.
- Hanna is playing phone tag with her mom. It feels like someone is watching. A car horn is honked and Hanna goes to the garage only to find Wilden’s car waiting for them. The video of that night is being played and she witnesses her mom run him over.
Olivia Drive, Brookhaven
- Em arrives at Olivia Drive at 6:53pm. She verifies and checks her text from “Toby”.
(The “street” does not look like a street.)
- Aria and Ezra try to cheer Malcolm up when Maggie arrives. Maggie ignores Aria. The nurse arrives and asks if Aria is immediate family. If not, she needs to wait outside. (Seriously? If she were already admitted there by the doctor, that would be ok. The nurse doesn’t ask that past the receptionist.)
Into the Woods
- Spencer is trying to track down Mona and finds a body and a campsite. She moves closer, nervous to think who it might be. The body is laying on his stomach, head presumed turned to the left. The hands appears injured from a struggle. We see the tattoo and think that all “clues” point to Toby. Spencer begins to cry and motions to remove the helmet when Mona proclaims, “He’s dead” too abruptly.
- Spencer gets up and starts running, screaming “Mona” in search of her. (Ok, I’m a bit miffed that she stopped and didn’t look inside. She also didn’t bother checking for pulse, examining the tattoo, and hands.)
- Spencer reaches an open area and drops to the ground, crying.
- (See next entry for photos of the campsite.)
- Aria talks to Ella about Ezra, telling her about Malcolm. Aria realizes the gravity of the situation, as Ella gives her excellent advice.
Olivia Drive, Brookhaven
- Em is still waiting in her car. It’s already 9:15pm. She gets ready to leave when she sees red coat walk by and enter a “warehouse” which turns out to be Toby’s workplace.
(Click here to view entry with slow motion video and more photos)
- Em decides to follow her in and finds the same guy she ran into earlier. Em tells him that she’s here to meet Toby because he texted her. She also asks about the girl in the red coat. He dismisses her but accidentally calls her by her name. Em asks how he knows her and he lies that she told him earlier. She says she didn’t and he makes an exit saying that he needs to go back to work.
- Hanna is freaking out about the video and cop car in her garage. Aria is with her at home. Aria explains that whoever put the car in her garage probably made copies of the video already.
- Hanna says it has to be A. Aria says that if A did this and Wilden is missing, does that mean that Wilden is dead and A has his body? Aria asks Hanna to tell her mom but the latter doesn’t agree.
Olivia Drive, Brookhaven
- Em heads back to her car and finds the driver side window broken. A red package waits for her. Inside the package, she finds a casket like container with a note saying, “Toby is no more. –A”. She reaches in again and finds a sympathy program for Toby.
Into the Woods
- Hanna and Aria are in the woods, trying to push the cop car into the lake, Aria is trying to convince Hanna who pushes harder and eventually gets the car into the water.
- The car sinks too slowly and just right before it completely disappears, the siren lights flair.
- Ashley is waiting having dinner when Hanna arrives. They contemplate on what happened, while Hanna doesn’t reveal the appearance of the cop car to her mom.
- Ashley tells her about earlier that day where she might have seen Wilden downtown. She tried following him but didn’t catch up so she visited the scene of the crime and noticed that the car was gone. So she presumes that Wilden wasn’t badly hurt enough and was able to leave and drive his car.
Fitz (Next Day)
- Malcolm is at home with Ezra and Maggie. Ezra is on the phone with Aria, as he asks her to come and join them. Aria declines using her mom as an excuse.
Into the Woods
- The local police find an extremely distraught Spencer. They classify her as a Jane Doe since she did not have any identification with her (hard to believe). The cop talking to the radio says that a male hiker found her lost and confused.
- Em, Aria, and Hanna are talking about the car and Wilden.
- Hanna brings up Toby’s program asking if he’s dead. Aria mentions that maybe they just want them to think that he’s dead.
- An impassive Spencer is locked up in Radley.
Into the Woods
- A local fishing hooks up a cop’s cap. (Unless this was inside the car, someone got out of the trunk.)
- I’m a bit annoyed at the lack of research in this episode. There are too many carelessly planned scenes and dialogues.
- There are no A’s antics in hoodies in this episode.
- Interesting find on Chris.