Redux Spoiler Warning:
We figured the first episode warrants a second entry since it has answered some questions, opened new doors, and unearthed more mysteries. Without further ado, here are my thoughts:
Parallelism With The Pilot
- Scene opens with the barn.
- The liars drink from the same red glasses.
- Spencer says the same line, “I’ve looked everywhere.”
- Is naked Toby a parallel to naked Wren in S1E1?
- Needs to change her locks
- Best line of the episode: Ezra is like Lord Voldemort. (Super balls comes in a close second.)
- Takes the liars to A’s lair. We find out that when they first got there, it was too late and was already cleaned out. Durrr. A-Team. Are the liars in denial?
- Has photos of the black swan outfit and A’s lair. If it was cleaned out, where was that from?
- Wipes the shovel with her DNA-filled jacket. WTG.
- Says (I think Hanna did, I might be wrong): There has to be someone else. Someone we know that’s connected to Garrett.
- (Fash: Please stop turning Hanna into a hoochie. They are dressing her “too old” as well.)
- As Ms. Rivers, visits Mona, uses Dr. Sully as an excuse. She wants answers. And after Mona catches Hanna & Wren talking (through a peepy-hole by the door), she decides to “react”. She smiles at Ali dressed in a red coat, reading Lolita. Ali, not Vivian. Yes, blonde Ali.
- Needs to ask Caleb to comb his hair. Or wash it. Caleb has also been acting kinda weird. Quite awkward. Especially the Dong Po scene where Hanna is preparing the ingredients before RS calls.
- Is going through a pity-fest. But because of her adventures whilst drunk, the liars get to exercise their lying skills. I must say, they all scored uber high points in this episode.
- Recalls part of THAT Night. I am still convinced that it’s Jenna’s car
- Is now experiencing nightmares. This should have started last season.
- Ezra says that Maya has something of Ali’s that connected Garrett to Ali’s murder which is why Garret got arrested. Unfortunately, he got to Maya first. Wait, wait, wait. The timeline on this “tiny” fact seems OFF. And WHY does Ezra seem so sure?
- Recalls her first “date” with Ezra. (Fash: love the bracelet in this scene)
Alleged A-Team Lemmings
- Lucas— is NO Boo Radley. BR is good but mistaken to be bad (redemption in the end). Lucas is the opposite. When Hanna calls after Lucas, he started acting weird. It’d be nice if the liars can actually start tormenting him by doing that (saying hi to him) all the time.
- Garrett—wants Veronica Hastings to represent him despite all he’s done to the liars. Really? Well, maybe it’s one way for the liars to get more informAtion.
- Photographical proof of THAT night was classic
- “Mona played with dolls. I play with body parts. Game on, bitches. –A” Soooo the dolls were Mona’s idea? Really?
- Is the black swan that student Lucas was talking to? Someone else? Is that character really involved with the A-Team or was she just another red herring?
As a treat, here’s a recipe for Dong Po
- 1 lb. Pork Belly cut into 2-inch cubes (You can combine with Pork Ribs)
- Peanut Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
- ¼ cup Light Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Dark Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Chinese Cooking Wine (Shaoxing Hua Tiao)
- 3 ½ oz. Brown Sugar (or Chinese Rock Sugar if available)
- 1 inch Ginger Root, peeled and grated
- Spring Onions (lots), sliced
- Water, for boiling
Boil water. In a small/medium pot, add pork and enough water to cover. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Drain. Pan Fry pork in oil until all sides are brown. Drain and set aside.
In a small/medium pot, combine soy sauce, sugar, wine, and ginger. Boil, then lower heat to a simmer (low heat) and add pork. Mix well and continue to cook until meat is tender. Add (a little) water to keep liquid from getting dry. This could take from an hour to two hours. Sauce should be a bit thick when done.